Wednesday, February 6, 2008

In search of Inspiration

Constantly in search of inspiration... Drives the way we think and how we take action... gives us a push...

I received a good story in my inbox recently from Fifah of the sacrifice of a mother... very heart filling...

During my routine reads I came upon a tale I feel worth sharing about a father and son team that is just so inspiring... It leaves tears in my eyes and a warmth in my heart....

 

 

Team Hoyt... A special son... A loving father...

The father figure we aspire to be...

http://munfitnessblog.com/a-special-son-a-loving-father-a-touching-story-team-hoyt/

Link above give a short bio of Team Hoyt... Three of the things that struck me:

1.The dad did not swim before... worked on it so he could finish the race bringing his son with him...

2. Finished as a team for hundreds of events together for over 27 years

3. When asked the son of what he wanted to do for the dad... "The thing I’d most like…is that my dad sit in the chair and I push him once."

Two themes from the superbowl came to my mind watching this incredible tale... Giants:  Resilience// Patriots: Teamwork

"Set your mind to it... You can do it..." -Dick Hoyt

- luv   jobe

No comments: