Friday, February 15, 2008

Musings from Brisbane

My apologies if I am intruding your blog page - you may argue that I am not officially a registered member of this blog site. But then you may consider that I am a special guest member who wants to contribute something useful rather than letting this site be outdated (majority of the members are too busy to post anything on a regular basis - let alone those "little members" who don't even yet reach the "literate" age of being able to read and write!!)


As you are fully aware, I am now in Brisbane just dropping in to say hello to Jobe and to see how he progresses with his student life here in Aussie. I had expected that it is going to be hot here in Summer but to my surprise it is rather cool and wet with lots of rain throughout most days. I have forgotten to bring my red MU raincoat which I bought in Manchester a few months back (not that I am diehard MU supporter!), but at least it could be quite handy in this rainy season.

The city of Brisbane has changed a bit since I last visited here almost one and half years ago. I almost could not recognise the Queen Street Mall; many new shopping establishments have sprung up  and some renovation works have been completed which had caused me to lose my orientation a bit.

Managed to drop by at the Apple Store in Myers Centre this afternoon. Not a real Apple Centre, I guess. No Mac geniuses seem to be present and, to my disappointment, the Macbook Air is not yet on display. Unlike Dani's recent visit to Apple Store in Manchester recently which had all the latest Mac products on display, the Brisbane store appeared to be more mediocre. However, I find the prices of softwares like I Life and I Work 08 to be quite competitive compared to the Singapore prices - menyesal pulang ku berpasan di Singapura hari atu!!

On Sunday, we will be flying to Sydney and will have more stories to tell from there. In the meantime, happy reading and don't forget to post interesting stories or thoughts  to this blog site! See you all soon.

Bapa/Pamit/Puda



 

No comments: