Saturday, February 16, 2008

Indooroopilly - here I come


The weather in Brisbane continues to be kind to us today - slight drizzle, but not too wet and the temperature is cool and soothing. Had a nice 3/4 km walk from Austral Street to Toowong Centre and from there caught a bus to Indooroopilly. The bus conductor misheard what Kaka Zat requested: instead of getting day return off-peak fares, we were given single tickets costing AUD $2.30 for each adult. We could have paid just slightly more to get return tickets and potentially saving almost 50% of the fare for two single tickets had we got a day return ticket.


Today is Saturday and shops normally close earlier during weekends in Australia (by 4.30pm some are already drawing down their shutters). By the time we reached Indooroopilly, it was already 2.00pm. Well, we still have two or three hours to roam around and I had a peek at the City Beach store to see whether there're interesting tees for Dannie; sorry Dan the sleeves are too short for your liking and hence we got out of the store empty-handed.

Kaka Zat and Babu seemed to be enjoying themselves and certainly making lots of progress! Couldn't help noticing their hands full of plastic/paper bags!! Oho..oo we stumbled upon the BOOST kiosk - kaka Zat's favourite fruity juice outlet! It was a year and a half ago since I last tasted this succulent and luscious fruity drink and I can't help yearning for it when I saw it in front of my eyes. Jobe kindly enough 'belanja' us and you know what? Under strict instructions from Kaka Zat, I only managed to get a small cup whereas kaka Zat and Jobe got away with two LARGE cups of those delicious drinks. Oh well, I got my mango+banana+other fruits (couldn't remember) in my blended smoothie and ma..a.a..a..an...it is not only enough to quench my thirst, it tastes real d e l i c i o u s........

Enough rumbling for today; need to pack up, ready for the Sydney adventure starting tomorrow. 


 Since Dannie is going to take up Business/Commercial Studies as one of his 'A' Level subjects, I would like to reproduce a quote from President George W Bush as follows:-


"It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."


George W. Bush, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001






- Bapa/Pamit/Puda -  

No comments: